First of all I want to say congrats and thank you to Geek Girl Con for another great con! Once again they sold out passes which is always exciting for a con! It was almost mind blowing how huge they were this year compared to the last time I was there. This is still a small, and newer, con compared to the other established mega cons in the Seattle area like PAX and Emerald City Comic Con, or even Sakura Con, but is quickly growing and making a name for it self! And they are wonderful! So much positive energy and positiveness, it is truly inspiring!
1. The DIY Science Zone put on by the science museum. I didn’t get to spend as much time as I wanted here but I did walk through and look at all the different activities from making a craft comet to learning about air pressure and chemical reactions and from a zombie game to air blown water race! There were so many other amazing fun science activities to engage and educate kids too. I had so much fun with the activities I tried and I wasn’t even the target audience. Plus they had coloring pages.
3. The vendor hall had so many great artists and hand crafted items! The talent is amazing. I usually don’t spend money at cons but I couldn’t resist this time. The variety of items and how they connected with the theme of Geek Girl was great to see. There were sellers with hand made perfumes, lip balms, and body lotions, make up bags for the geek chic, geek themed bath bombs, the hilariously awesome period panties (these were defiantly talked about by many of the people I know at this con), jewelry, clothing, and oh so much more.
5. A great variety of panels.
6. I got to see R2 and the Dalek at the same con! This hasn’t happened in a long time!
7. The amazing staff who put together a great con from a huge variety of panels to the costume contest, the vendors and artists, and from various fan meet ups to a photo booth. There is so much work that goes into putting a con on and Geek Girl has always been extremely professional and a joy to work with! To each person who took the time to speak with me thank you! And more importantly thank you for volunteering your time. I look forward to seeing what you come up with next year!
Make sure to keep an eye open for my official review of Geek Girl Con with Cosplayers Among Us magazine